TAFTAN: Iranian authorities handed over the dead bodies of nine Pakistani nationals who were shot and killed in Iran to authorities at the Pak-Iran border Taftan on Thursday. The Iranian Border Security Guards solemnly transferred the deceased individuals to Pakistani officials at the Corridor Gate of the Pak-Iran border.
Assistant Commissioner Taftan, Waqar Kakar, formally received the bodies on behalf of the Pakistani government. The Consul General of Pakistan in Zahedan, Siddiq Baloch, was also present during this somber occasion.
Dead Bodies Shifted Via Special Plane To Multan
Deputy Commissioner of Chagai, Tufail Baloch, shared that the bodies were transported to Punjab via a special plane from Jozak Airport in Sendak.
This tragic incident unfolded when the Pakistani citizens fell victim to a heinous attack by unknown assailants in the city of Sarawan, located in Iran’s Sistan and Baluchistan province. The incident occurred on the night of January 26 and 27, adjacent to the Panjgur district of Pakistan.
The Pakistani government expresses its deepest condolences to the bereaved families and is actively engaged in coordinating with Iranian authorities to investigate the circumstances surrounding this appalling act of violence.
The victims have been identified as follows
- Malik Azhar, son of Nazir Hussain, Sakna Alipur
- Muhammad Shoaib, son of Nazir Ahmed, Sakna Muzaffargarh
- Nazir Ahmed, son of Ghulam Muhammad Jan, Sakna Muzaffargarh
- Muhammad Akmal, Sakna Alipur Muzaffargarh
- Muhammad Abu Bakr, son of Ghulam Yasin, Sakna Lodhran
- Shehryar, son of Ghulam Hussain, Sukna Multan
- Shabbir Ahmed, son of Muhammad Nawaz, Sukna Leah
- Muhammad Nadeem, son of Gulzar, Sukna Bahawalpur
- Muhammad Shahzad, son of Abdul Malik, Sukna Bahawalpur