Caretaker health minister Balochistan, Dr. Amir Muhammad Khan Jogezai addressing a press conference: Photo Daily Quetta Voice

Syed Ali Shah:

QUETTA: In a significant milestone, 8217 patients from Balochistan have benefited from free medical treatment within just 40 days through the innovative Balochistan Health Card initiative. The program, operational in 150 hospitals across various provinces of the country, has provided a glimmer of hope to those in need.

Caretaker Provincial Health Minister, Amir Muhammad Khan Jogezai, shared these remarkable achievements in a press conference held in conjunction with healthcare professionals. Jogezai revealed that an impressive average of 205 patients are availing themselves of medical services daily, a testament to the initiative’s immediate impact.

The statistics further highlight a balanced distribution of patients, with 18 percent receiving treatment in government hospitals and the remaining 82 percent admitted to private healthcare facilities. This diverse approach ensures that individuals from all walks of life have access to quality healthcare.

32 Crore Rupees Spent On Treatment of Patients

To date, the financial commitment to this noble cause stands at 32 crore rupees, reflecting the dedication of the caretaker government to prioritize the health and well-being of its citizens. Jogezai acknowledged the efforts of the previous government in attempting to introduce health cards in Balochistan, expressing gratitude while recognizing the challenges they faced.

Jogezai emphasized the tangible relief provided to impoverished patients through the issuance of health cards, effectively mitigating their financial burdens. The initiative has not only facilitated treatment but has also paved the way for increased transparency and accountability in healthcare services.

NADRA Verification Call Center Established

In a move toward enhanced public convenience, a National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) verification call center was inaugurated. This center will play a crucial role in post-discharge follow-ups, ensuring that patients receive continuous support and addressing any concerns they may have.

As the Balochistan Health Card initiative continues to make strides, Amir Mohammad Khan Jogizai reassured the public that efforts to improve the program were ongoing. He encouraged citizens to share feedback, including any complaints, to further refine the system and ensure its effectiveness in meeting the healthcare needs of the community.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

About the Author

Quetta Voice is an English Daily covering all unfolding political, economic and social issues relating to Balochistan, Pakistan's largest province in terms of area. QV's main focus is on stories related to education, promotion of quality education and publishing reports about out of school children in the province. QV has also a vigilant eye on health, climate change and other key sectors.