COVID-19: Baluchistan confirms 92 cases as tally rises to 492 countrywide
The virus killed three people in the country
By Our Staff Reporter
QUETTA: In Balochistan, 92 people have been tested positive for the COVID-19 on Friday evening. The Director-General Balochistan Health, Dr Fahim Khan confirmed that health officials had conducted screening of suspected patients at Sheikh Zayed hospital. “Now we have 92 patients of the novel coronavirus”, Dr Khan mentioned.
Earlier, the Balochistan government on Thursday night confirmed 81 cases of COVID-19 in the province. Spokesman government of Balochistan, Liaquat Shahwani told Quetta Voice that 81 people in the province have been tested positive for the deadly virus. Mr. Shahwani has also tweeted and said that the government was determined to cope with the situation in the province.
On the national level, cases of coronavirus have risen to 492 across the country. Most of the cases have been reported from Sindh province. Sindh has confirmed 252 cases so far whereas Punjab has confirmed 96 cases.
The number of novel coronavirus cases have risen to 81 in Balochistan on Thursday afternoon. Hitherto, the novel coronavirus has caused two deaths in Pakistan. However, the death toll has risen to over 10,000 globally with 2, 50,000 people tested positive for the coronavirus.
Balochistan government has already declared an emergency to cope with the deadly virus which has sent alarm bells worldwide. Borders with Iran and Afghanistan have also been shut down to contain the spread of novel coronavirus in the country.