Manan Mandokhail: 

Two policemen were martyred in a terrorist attack in Quetta’s Eastern Bypass area on Friday evening. Police sources said armed accused opened fire and martyred two policemen on the spot. “Two dead bodies of policemen brought to the civil hospital”, Waseem Baig, the Spokesman civil hospital said in a statement.
One policeman was injured in the attack.

Police sources said policemen were on a routine patrolling in the area when attacked by terrorists. The assailants fled unharmed from the spot. The injured policeman was rushed to civil hospital Quetta for medical treatment.

Governor and CM Balochistan condemn the attack

Governor Balochistan Syed Zahoor Ahmed Agha and Chief Minister, Mir Quddus Bizenjo strongly condemned the attack. In their separate statements, they expressed grief and sorrow over the loss of human loss. However, they vowed that the perpetrators of the attack would be brought to justice.

Police and Frontier Corps personnel reached the spot as an investigation into the incident went underway. As per the initial police investigation, this was an act of targeted killing. Although, so far no group has claimed the responsibility for the attack.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

blank
About the Author

Quetta Voice is an English Daily covering all unfolding political, economic and social issues relating to Balochistan, Pakistan's largest province in terms of area. QV's main focus is on stories related to education, promotion of quality education and publishing reports about out of school children in the province. QV has also a vigilant eye on health, climate change and other key sectors.