Foreign elements behind Noshki Panjgur terror attacks: Balochistan Minister
Home Minister Balochistan, Mir Ziaullah Langove addressing a press conference at Quetta Press Club: Photo provided by the author

Foreign elements behind Noshki Panjgur terror attacks: Balochistan Minister

Syed Ali Shah :

Home Minister Balochistan, Mir Ziaullah Langove on Thursday said that foreign elements were involved in Noshki and Panjgur terror attacks. Addressing a press conference at Quetta Press Club, Mr. Langove said foreign elements were financing terror groups in the province.

“Twelve security personnel martyred in Noshki and Panjgur terror attacks”, the Minister informed. In both attacks, 23 security personnel sustained injuries, the Minister said.

He said that nine terrorists have been killed so far by the forces in both cities. “In Panjgur, the operation is still underway against terrorists”, Zia Langove mentioned.

23 security personnel injured in terror attacks: Langove

Home Minister Balochistan informed that 23 security personnel sustained injuries in Noshki and Panjgur while fighting against terrorists. “Our brave soldiers sacrificed their lives for the country and nation”, the Minister added.

When asked about the prevailing tense situation in Panjgur, Mr. Langove said that four to five terrorists have fled and the security personnel was patrolling in the city to apprehend them.

Yet to another question, Mr. Langove said that the terrorists were using Iranian soil to carry out terrorist attacks inside Pakistan. “They may not enjoy Iranian State’s support, however, we have taken up the issue with the neighboring country”, Zia Langove said. This attack has come days after ten soldiers were martyred in district Kech Balochistan near the Iranian border.

Balochistan is under the grip of violence for last two decades

Balochistan is under the grip of violence for the last two decades. Thousands of human lives were lost in various incidents of terrorism in Quetta and other parts of Balochistan. Panjgur and Noshki are considered to be the troubled districts of the province, which covers half of the country in terms of area.

Chief Minister Balochistan, Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo has strongly condemned the terror attacks in Noshki and Panjgur. In a statement issued on Thursday, the CM expressed grief and sorrow over human losses in terror attacks in the province. “Perpetrators of the terrorist attacks would be brought to justice”, he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

blank
About the Author

Quetta Voice is an English Daily covering all unfolding political, economic and social issues relating to Balochistan, Pakistan's largest province in terms of area. QV's main focus is on stories related to education, promotion of quality education and publishing reports about out of school children in the province. QV has also a vigilant eye on health, climate change and other key sectors.