Gwadar Chinese attack: Third child succumbs to injuries

"Surprising no political parties condemned the terror act", Zia Langove

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Gwadar Chinese attack: Third child succumbs to injuries

Syed Ali Shah :

A third child injured as a result of a blast targeting Chinese nationals succumbed to injuries in the wee hours of Saturday. “The third child lost the battle for life”, Ziaullah Langove, the Balochistan Home Minister said.

At least three children were killed in a blast targeting Chinese nationals in Pakistan’s port city of Gwadar. Two people including the Chinese national sustained injuries. The Inured were evacuated to the Gwadar Development Authority (GDA) hospital after the incident.

“It was a suicide attack”, the Home Minister stated. The Minister has however lashed out at the political parties for what he claimed no condemnation of the terror act so far. “No condemnation resolution submitted in the Balochistan Assembly”, he said.

The Chinese Embassy in Islamabad has strongly condemned the terror act and asked Pakistan to take ‘effective steps’ to stop the recurrence of such incidents in the future.

CM, Commander Southern Command visit Gwadar 

Chief Minister Balochistan, Jam Kamal Khan, Commander Southern Command Lieutenant General Sarfaraz Ali, Home Minister Mir Ziaullah Langove, and other high-level officials reached Gwadar. “The elements who are against development are behind this terror attack”, Jam Kamal said. “There is an anger among people of Gwadar against this terror act”, he said.

Security sources said the high-level official delegation reviewed security arrangements in the port city after a blast, which targeted the Chinese nationals. CM Balochistan also chaired a high-level meeting that thoroughly reviewed security arrangements in Gwadar and Mekran belt.

Political parties demand the arrest of perpetrators of the attack 

The political parties in Gwadar also urged the provincial government to beef up security arrangements to make sure peace in the port city. “Your government intends to remove a sense of deprivation of people of Gwadar”, Jam Kamal stated. He said anti State elements were carrying out such activities to please their foreign masters.

Outlawed BLA claims responsibility for the attack

The outlawed Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) had claimed the responsibility for the attack.

“The injured of the blast now shifted to Karachi for treatment”, Kabir Zarkoon, Deputy Commissioner Gwadar said. He said the injured shifted to Karachi in a special plane along with their family members. “Government will bear all the expenditures of treatment”, Mr. Zarkoon stated.

Security has been tightened in and around the port city after the suicide bombing against Chinese nationals. Besides police, the personnel of Frontier Corps also deployed in Gwadar to avoid the occurrence of any untoward incident.

China is investing over 60$ billion dollars under the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project. CPEC is also important for the world’s populous country’s Road and Belt Initiative (RBI) to link the globe.

Read More: Blast Targets Serena Hotel Quetta, 4 Dead 11 Injured

Chinese targeted repeatedly in Balochistan 

This is not the first time that Chinese nationals have been targeted rather miscreants have also carried out attacks against the Chinese in the past.

Balochistan and Islamabad have strongly condemned the terrorist act and termed it a pre-planned conspiracy against the mega-development activities in Gwadar. “The terrorists would be brought to book”, the Spokesman government of Balochistan, Liaquat Shahwani vowed. He said such coward acts would not affect the ongoing development activities in the area.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

You might also like