Balochistan government imposes smart lockdown after increasing COVID19 cases

Broader smart lockdown to be effective till May 1st: Liaquat Shahwani

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Balochistan government imposes smart lockdown after increasing COVID19 cases

Ayub Tareen, Health Desk 

The Balochistan government on Friday imposed a broader smart lockdown after increasing cases of the COVID19. Liaquat Shahwani, the Spokesman government of Balochistan said the broader smart lockdown will be effective from tomorrow (Saturday) till May 1st.

In Balochistan, the number of coronavirus cases crossed 20,000. “The cases continue to rise every day”, Mr. Shahwani said. He said the government has imposed a smart lockdown to tackle the deadly virus.

All markets, shops, business centers would remain closed on Saturday and Sunday 

According to a notification issued by the home department government of Balochistan, all markets, business centers, shops would remain closed on Saturday and Sunday. However, in the remaining days, shops, markets, and business centers would remain open from Sehri to 6 pm every day.

The number of active coronavirus cases is 927, sources in the Balochistan health department said. However, the deadly virus has so far claimed 253 lives in Balochistan.

Traders reject smart lockdown 

Chief of the traders’ community in Balochistan, Abdul Rahim Kakar has rejected the smart lockdown imposed by the government. “Our community has already suffered because of the lockdown”, Mr. Kakar said. “We cannot afford further lockdowns and government must review its decision”, he said.

A complete ban on in-door and out-door activities

“There would be a complete ban on in-door and out-door activities”, the notification mentioned. The government has also imposed a complete ban on all sports and cultural activities during the smart lockdown.

Spokesman corona cell, Waseem Baig informed that 1072 cases reported from various parts of the province during the last 24 hours. One patient died of the COVID19 during the last 24 hours, Mr. Baig informed.

SBK would remain closed till April 30th 

Sardar Bahadur Khan (SBK) women’s university would remain closed after the outbreak of the third wave of COVID19. Academic activities would remain suspended from April 15 to 30th of April, a notification issued by the SBK said on Wednesday.

Students to be taught through online classes 

The university would however keep continuing teaching students through online classes, the notification mentioned. The administrative section of the university would also remain closed.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

You might also like