Balochistan reports 3 cases of coronavirus as tally rises to 11,780
10,220 patients have recovered from the virus so far
Cases of the COVID19 continue to decline in Quetta and other parts of Balochistan for the last few weeks. The Corona Cell confirmed only three cases of the deadly virus on Tuesday evening. With the confirmation of new cases, the tally reached 11,780.
Quetta and other parts of Balochistan have seen a sharp decline in the number of cases of the virus during the last few weeks. Earlier, the province used to report from 400 to 500 cases of the deadly virus. However, the number has dropped now.
“Our strategy succeeded, which resulted in the declining number”, Liaquat Shahwani, the Spokesman government of Balochistan said. During Eid, the government also ensured following standard operating procedures with the support of masses, he added.
Until now, the virus has caused 136 deaths in Balochistan. The death ratio in the province seems to be low as compared to other parts of the country. Currently, the recovery ratio is more than 86 percent, Mr. Shahwani said.
In Balochistan, 10220 patients have recovered from the deadly virus. Most of the patients have recovered at their homes in isolation from the virus. Balochistan health department has so far conducted around 62,000 tests of the novel coronavirus since the outbreak of the pandemic in the province.