The Corona Cell Balochistan has confirmed 19 cases of the novel coronavirus on Saturday as the tally reached 11,762 in the province. 274 tests were conducted and only19 were declared positive out of them, the Cell stated in a daily situation report to the press.
The number of cases has declined recently as they (cases) have dropped from 400 to less than 50 per day. 10,136 patients have recovered from the virus since the outbreak of the pandemic. The recovery ratio in Balochistan appears to be high as compared to other parts of the country. “Here the recovery ratio is above 86 percent”, Liaquat Shahwani, the Spokesman government of Balochistan stated. The virus has caused 136 deaths so far. Most of the deaths have been reported from Quetta, Pishin, Killa Abdullah, Mastung, Chaghi and Jaffarabad.
“Currently, deaths and cases have declined”, Waseem Baig, the Spokesman Corona Cell told the daily Quetta Voice. The health department has until now conducted over 61,000 tests of the novel coronavirus and the laboratory’s capacity has been increased. “We want to conduct maximum tests”, Mr. Shahwani said.
Chief Minister Balochistan, Jam Kamal Khan has urged upon the masses to adopt social distance and strictly follow the standard operating procedure (SOPs) to contain the novel coronavirus.