Smart lockdown extended for another 15 days in Balochistan
Home Department Balochistan issued a notification in this regard
The Balochistan government has extended smart lockdown for another 15 days in Quetta and other parts of the province to contain the novel coronavirus. The smart lockdown has been extended till July 30th, a notification issued by Balochistan’s home department said on Wednesday.
Ban remains imposed on all sorts of political, social, religious and cultural gatherings in the province, the notification said. The decision has been made in view of the outbreak of the deadly virus around the globe.
Shopping malls, centers and shops would remain open from 9 am to 7 pm in the evening. The home department has however termed wearing masks essential at all public points to contain the virus. However, ban would remain imposed on marriage halls, parks and other public points with an objective to contain the spread of the virus, the notification added.
Balochistan has so far confirmed 11, 239 cases of the novel coronavirus so far. The Corona Cell Balochistan has confirmed 127 deaths caused by the virus in the province. Moreover, 7,883 patients of the deadly virus have recovered in the province. Most of the patients with mild-symptoms have recovered at their homes in isolation, the Corona Cell stated.
The Cell has confirmed 47 new cases of the virus on Tuesday evening.