Coronavirus cases on decline as over 5,000 patients recovered in Balochistan

Corona Cell confirmed 51 new cases of virus on Friday

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Web Desk:

Cases of coronavirus have decreased during the last one week in Balochistan as over 5,331 patients have recovered from the deadly virus in the province so far. The Corona Cell Balochistan confirmed 51 cases of the COVID19 on Friday. Over 400 tests were conducted and out of them, only 51 were declared positive by the laboratory.

The province has witnessed a decline in the number of cases during the last week as over 200 cases have been confirmed during the last three days. Earlier, the province used to report over 300 to 400 cases on a daily basis.

So far, Balochistan has confirmed 10,717 cases of the novel coronavirus since the outbreak of the pandemic. Coronavirus has killed 122 people in Balochistan, the Corona Cell said in a daily situation report released to the press.

“Yes cases have decreased”, Liaquat Shahwani, the Spokesman government of Balochistan told reporters at his regular press conference on Thursday afternoon. He however warned that the number of cases can rise if social distancing or standard operating procedures were not adopted during the fast-approaching Eid ul Azha.

Balochistan has so far conducted over 50,000 tests of the novel coronavirus. Most of the tests have been conducted in Quetta, the provincial capital. However, the government has decided to improve the testing capacity and reach out to the maximum number of virus patients.

 

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.