Center rejects 35 development schemes proposed by Balochistan Govt: Zahoor Buledi
Federal Government failed to provide 47 percent funds to Balochistan
Finance Minister Balochistan, Mir Zahoor Buledi on Thursday lamented that Islamabad rejected 35 development schemes proposed by the provincial government in the federal public sector development program.
Addressing a press conference, the Finance Minister said federal government-funded development projects were delayed and they were yet to be completed in the province. “Federal bureaucracy is least bothered about the poverty and unemployment in Balochistan”, Mr. Buledi said.
Mr. Buledi’s press conference has come hours after Chief Minister Balochistan, Jam Kamal Khan staged a walkout from the meeting of the planning commission in Islamabad regarding the national budget.
The Balochistan finance minister pointed out that last year Rs. 80 billion were allocated for the province in the federal development program. However, only 53 percent of funds were released by the Center.
He lashed out at the planning commission in Islamabad and claimed that it had ignored Balochistan in all mega development projects.