Coronavirus: 106 new cases confirmed as virus spreads to 23 districts of Balochistan

Quetta hit hard by the deadly virus

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Web Desk:

The Balochistan health department confirmed 106 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Thursday. With the confirmation of the fresh cases of the novel coronavirus, the tally has reached 3,074 in the province.

The virus has caused 39 deaths so far, Waseem Baig, the Spokesman Corona Cell told the daily Quetta Voice. The deadly virus has caused 31 deaths in Quetta, 5 in Pishin 2 Lasbella, and 1 in Sibi district, he mentioned. Mr. Baig said that 724 patients have recovered from the deadly virus so far in Balochistan. Most of the patients have recovered at their homes during isolation.

The Corona Cell has conducted nearly 20,000 tests of the Covid-19 in Balochistan so far. On Thursday, the laboratory established at the Fatima Jinnah Chest and General Hospital conducted 542 tests and 106 were declared positive in the evening. Though, many cases are still pending with patients and relatives anxiously waiting for the results.

“Most of the patients are youngsters since they do not care about the virus”, Liaquat Shahwani, the Spokesman government of Balochistan told reporters. He urged upon the youngsters to stay at home and adopt social-distancing and take care of aged parents and other family members since they are prone to this disease.

Quetta, Pishin, Jaffarabad, Killa Abdullah, and Mastung have been hit hard by the virus that continues to spread across the province.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.