Coronavirus kills 65,000 people in the US
Over 1.1 Million people have been infected by the virus in US
The United States has at least 1,103,781 reported cases of coronavirus and 65,068 related deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
As states begin to include probable deaths in their counts, so will JHU. As a result, numbers may surge to reflect this change in the upcoming days.
The totals includes cases from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and other US territories, as well as repatriated cases and those in the military, veterans hospitals and federal prisons.
The novel coronavirus has infected more than 3.34 million people worldwide and killed at least 238,500, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
Here are the five countries with the highest figures:
- United States: More than 1.1 million cases and 65,000 deaths
- Spain: More than 213,000 cases and 24,500 deaths
- Italy: More than 207,000 cases and 28,000 deaths
- The UK: More than 178,000 cases and 27,000 deaths
- France: More than 167,000 cases and 24,500 deaths