COVID19: Cases in Balochistan rise to 1,049
71 new cases of the novel coronavirus were confirmed i Balochistan
The novel coronavirus cases have reached 1,049 in Balochistan on Thursday. 71 fresh cases were confirmed and most of the cases were confirmed in Quetta city and district Pishin. Most of the cases were locally transmitted, Waseem Baig, the Spokesman Corona Cell Balochistan told Daily Quetta Voice. The number of locally transmitted cases in Balochistan has risen to 880 in the province, Mr. Baig, warning of local spread of the virus that continues to penetrate in the province. “We are trying to contain the virus through social distancing and stay at home policies”, Liaquat Shahwani, the Spokesman government of Balochistan told Daily Quetta Voice the other day. Mr. Shahwani vowed to battle the virus with the support of masses of Balochistan.
Two Quetta based journalists also contracted the virus and have been kept in isolation. The journalist unions have expressed serious concern about the journalists contacting the virus and demanded of the media houses to provide protective equipment to media workers reporting from the field.
Balochistan has so far confirmed 14 deaths caused by the novel coronavirus in the province. The Balochistan government has declared an emergency in all government-run hospitals to tackle the situation developed in the aftermath of the novel coronavirus. The government has also extended the lockdown till May 6 to contain the virus, which has spread to almost all parts of the globe.
In Balochistan, the virus has so far affected 12 districts with Quetta and Pishin as the hit hard districts of the province.