Coronavirus: 65 new cases in Balochistan as tally rises to 721
The virus has caused 10 deaths so far
In Balochistan, 65 cases of novel coronavirus were confirmed on Saturday as the tally has reached 721 in the province. The virus has caused 10 deaths in Balochistan, the provincial government’s spokesman, Liaquat Shahwani said in a statement.
The patients have been admitted in Fatima Jinnah Chest and TB hospital and Sheikh Zayed Hosptial Quetta for medical treatment. The hospitals have discharged 167 patients after recovering from the novel coronavirus.
Most of the cases confirmed in Balochistan are locally transmitted, Mr Shahwani said. The virus has affected 13 districts out of a total of 33 districts of Balochistan. However, coronavirus cases have been confirmed from almost all parts of Quetta city.
First case of novel coronavirus was reported in February when the Zaireen entered from Iran into Pakistan at Taftan. 129 Zaireen were tested positive for the novel coronavirus in Balochistan. However, remaining patients contracted the virus locally.
The Balochistan government has tightened the lockdown in Quetta and other parts of Balochistan to contain the virus. The provincial government has demanded of the masses to stay at home and adopt social distancing to contain the deadly virus. The government has also declared wearing masks compulsory. Those violating the mask-wearing order would be quarantined at Hazar Ganji quarantine center, Mr. Shahwani announced the other day.