Coronavirus cases rise to 607 in Balochistan
55 new cases confirmed in the province
The number of novel coronavirus cases has reached 607 in Balochistan on Thursday evening. The province confirmed 55 new cases of coronavirus. Up till now, 174 patients of coronavirus have recovered in Balochistan, the corona cell established at the directorate of health said in a daily situation report released to the press.
The health department has conducted 6,504 tests in the province so far. The virus has claimed 8 lives including the former provincial minister Sardar Mustafa Khan Tareen in Balochistan. The health officials have conducted the screening of over 18,000 people in the province.
However, Spokesman government of Balochistan, Liaquat Shahwani said that the government plans to conduct tests of 50,000 people in Quetta city. The government has also directed the prayer leaders to adopt the standard operating procedures during the sacred month of Ramaz ul Mubarak in an attempt to contain the novel coronavirus.