Italian Premier unveils 5-point plan to battle coronavirus
Social distancing is considered first part of his plan
Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte outlined a five-point plan for managing the coronavirus epidemic on Tuesday.
Addressing Italy’s House of representatives, Conte said that the plan will focus on:
- Continued social distancing with use of masks and gloves until a vaccine or a therapy is available.
- Reinforcing the health care system, and paying special attention to care homes to “avoid another out-of-control explosion of contagion.”
- Creating special Covid-19 hospitals designated to cater exclusively to coronavirus patients.
- Conducting antibody testing in a large study to determine the spread of the virus among the population. Conte said 300,000 serological tests have been requested.
- Contact tracing. Last week the government officially chose a contract tracing app, called Immuni, which is in the testing phase, but the choice to download it will be voluntary, Conte said.
- Courtesy: CNN