COVID-19: Balochistan confirms 33 new cases as tally rises to 465
337 cases in Balochistan locally transmitted: CM Balochistan tweets
By Our Staff Reporter
QUETTA: The Balochistan government confirmed 33 new cases of novel coronavirus on Monday evening. These all are locally transmitted and we are concerned about the local spread of the virus, Liaquat Shahwani, the Spokesman government of Balochistan said in a statement.
With the confirmation of new cases, the tally has risen to 465 in Balochistan. During last three days, over 100 cases of novel coronavirus have been confirmed in Balochistan. The virus has so far killed 5 people in the province. Mr. Shahwani also mentioned that over 150 have recovered from the virus hitherto.
Balochistan has conducted 6,391 cases and out of these cases 465 have been confirmed positive, Chief Minister Balochistan, Jam Kamal also tweeted. The chief minister stated that 337 cases were locally transmitted cases in the province and said the virus has so far caused 6 deaths. Pending cases in Balochistan are currently, 400, Mr. Jam Kamal mentioned.
First case of coronavirus was reported at Taftan in one of the pilgrims returning from neighboring Iran.