COVID-19: Cases in Balochistan rise to 376

COVID-19 has caused 5 deaths so far

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

By Our Reporter

QUETTA: In Balochistan, 30 fresh cases of novel coronavirus were confirmed on Saturday as the tally rises to 376 in the province. 229 patients among them were tested positive as result of the local spread of the virus, Liaquat Shahwani, the Spokesman Government of Balochistan said.

The number of Zaireen returned from Iran infected with coronavirus is 129, Mr. Shahwani told daily Quetta Voice. Balochistan has so far confirmed 5 deaths caused by the novel coronavirus. However, 142 people have recovered in the province up till now. The government has also confirmed 106 cases in Quetta city as a result of local spread, the Daily Quetta Voice has learned through reliable health sources. Cases have been confirmed in almost all parts of Quetta city with most of the cases from the Almo Chowk area of the city. “This local spread is dangerous”, Mr. Shahwani said.

The government has also extended the lockdown to halt the spread of the virus in the province. The lockdown has been extended till the 30th of April. However, special permission has been given to dates shops owners, shops associated with construction materials, tailors masters because of the arrival of the holy month of Ramazan ul Mubarak.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.