Coronavirus: Balochistan confirms 6 new cases as tally rises to 212
The virus has caused 2 deaths in Balochistan so far
By Our Staff Reporter
QUETTA: The Balochistan government has confirmed 6 new cases of novel coronavirus on Wednesday afternoon. With the confirmation of four new cases, the tally has risen to 212 in the province, Spokesman government of Balochistan, Liaquat Shahwani said.
All the patients have been quarantined at the Sheikh Zayed Hospital specified for coronavirus patients on the outskirts of Quetta. Mr. Shahwani also said that so far 76 patients have recovered in the province and discharged from hospital.
The Balochistan government has also tightened the lockdown in Quetta city with the extra deployment of police and frontier corps personnel to contain the virus and halt the movement of the people in the city. Long queues of vehicles were witnessed at Almo Chowk and other roads leading towards the main city as the law enforcers refused to allow the people.
The government has already extended the lockdown till April 21st to contain the virus.