Lockdown works, 2 cases of COVID-19 reported in Balochistan during last 24 hours
Administration locks 1734 shops, shopping malls in Quetta city
By Our Staff Reporter
QUETTA: Lockdown has worked as cases of COVID-19 considerably dropped on Monday across Balochistan. “Two people have been tested positive for novel coronavirus during last 24 hours”, Dr. Fahim Khan, the Director-General health Balochistan said. On Sunday, the health department had confirmed 108 cases, whereas, two cases were confirmed on Monday. All shops, markets, shopping malls and hotels remain closed as part of social distancing and lockdown by Balochistan government to tackle the situation developed in the aftermath of outbreak of coronavirus.
The district administration Quetta was out on roads and streets of the city to seal the shops and shopping malls violating the lockdown order of the Balochistan government. “We have sealed 1734 shopping malls, markets, and shops in the city”, the Deputy Commissioner Quetta, Major (R) Aurangzaib Badini told reporters. The administrator Quetta, Tariq Mengal and other officers were also present on the occasion.
The Balochistan government had ordered partial lockdown in Quetta city to halt the spread of COVID-19, which continues to penetrate across the globe. Globally, the virus has killed over 15000 people so far.
Tariq Mengal, the administrator Quetta Metropolitan Corporation said spray was launched in the city and that a special cleanliness campaign was also launched to make sure cleanliness. Mr. Mengal, however, mentioned that needy and deserving people would also be provided commodities and foodstuff at their doorsteps.