Complete lockdown in Balochistan from today to contain Coronavirus

Balochistan's Home Dept orders 14 days of complete lockdown

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

By Our Staff Reporter

QUETTA: The Balochistan government has announced a complete lockdown from today (Tuesday) to April 7th to contain the novel coronavirus in the province. All shops, markets, shopping malls, hotels, restaurants would be closed and a ban has been imposed on public gatherings to halt the virus. This decision has been made by the government as cases of COVID-19 have risen to 110 in the province on Monday.

There would be complete ban on unnecessary movement of the people in the province, the notification said.

All religious, social, political and cultural gatherings have been banned in the province to contain the coronavirus, a notification of the home and tribal affairs department Balochistan said. However, the citizens have been allowed to visit hospitals, medical stores, places of foodstuff in the city.

People associated with emergency services including hospitals, laboratories, media, law enforcement agencies would be allowed to perform their duties during the lockdown, the notification said. This ban would be effective till April 7th, it said.

The Balochistan government had earlier announced a partial lockdown of the city to contain the virus. The lockdown worked and two cases of novel coronavirus were confirmed on Monday within 24 hours.

Various charity organizations have announced to provide foodstuff to needy and deserving people in the city.

 

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.