Over 4000 Zaireen sent to their provinces so far: Zahoor Buledi
1200 tests of COVID-19 conducted so far in Balochistan
By Our Reporter
QUETTA: The Balochistan government has sent over 4000 Zaireen (Shia pilgrims) to their home provinces since the closure of the border with Iran on February 23rd this year. This was revealed by Balochistan Finance Minister, Mir Zahoor Buledi while addressing a press conference on Saturday.
Othe provincial ministers were also present on the occasion. Pakistan has established quarantine centers at Pak-Iran border Taftan to quarantine pilgrims, traders, students and tourists coming from Iran to contain the novel coronavirus.
The Finance Minister said the Balochistan government had adopted effective steps to halt the spread of deadly coronavirus at Pak-Iran border Taftan. “We quarantined Zaireen and then sent them to homes”, Mr. Buledi said.
The Balochistan health authorities have completed 1200 tests of a novel coronavirus in the province so far. Mr. Buledi informed that the test of 700 people was conducted at Taftan and the tests of over 500 were conducted in Quetta by health officials.
The Balochistan government has also established a COVID-19 fund and initially Rs. 1 billion were allocated for the fund to cope with any emergency situation in the province, the Finance Minister mentioned.
The Balochistan government has also announced that ministers would deposit their salaries in the fund and deduction would be made from officers’ salaries in this regard.