Coronavirus: Balochistan confirms 108 cases
Chief Secretary Balochistan confirms 104 cases
By Our Staff Reporter
QUETTA: VOVID-19 cases in Balochistan have risen to 108 on Sunday evening. Coronavirus cases in Sindh province continue to increase and the health ministry has confirmed 396 and Punjab has confirmed 137 cases so far.
Coronavirus cases in Balochistan has risen to 108 with confirmation of 4 new cases on Sunday afternoon. According to data shared by Balochistan health directorate, the number of people tested positive for the deadly virus in the province has reached 108. All cases are from Quetta”, Mr. Fazeel Asghar, the Chief Secretary Balochistan told reporters the other day during a press conference. He, however, said all the patients were being treated in government-run hospitals as per international health standards.
The Balochistan government has been establishing rooms and quarantine centers on an emergency basis to cope with the situation. The government has already announced to partially lockdown Quetta city to contain the virus, which continues to penetrate among the people.
The Chief Secretary informed that a disaster management village was also being set up to tackle the situation. “We are trying to make arrangements for 2000 people”, he added.
With the confirmation of 12 new cases in Balochistan, cases on the national level rise to 522. So far, most of the cases have been confirmed in Sindh province i.e 396 and Punjab has confirmed 137 cases of the novel coronavirus.
Prime Minister Imran Khan has declared a health emergency to cope with the situation and directed all chief ministers to expedite efforts to contain the virus.