CoronaVirus: 10 cases confirmed in Balochistan
Four patients bleong to Quetta and six belongs to other provinces
By Our Reporter
QUETTA: Spokesman Government of Balochistan, Liaqat Shahwani has confirmed 10 cases of novel corona virus in the province. Addressing a press conference on Saturday evening, Mr. Shahwani said four patients belong to Quetta city and six patients belong to other provinces of the country.
Earlier,the health officials have shifted two suspected patients of corona virus from Mian Ghundi to Fatima Jinnah Chest and TB hospital for treatment and their samples sent to laboratory. Three suspected patients cases were already being diagnosed by health officials in Quetta in connection with novel corona virus.
A senior officer of the health department who declined to be named told Quetta Voice that currently the cases of five suspected patients were under investigation in Quetta’s Fatima Jinnah Chest and TB hospital. The Director General Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA), Imran Zarkoon also confirmed the shifting of two suspected patients from Mian Ghundi to hospital for check up and samples sent to laboratory.
The Balochistan government has quarantined 541 Pilgrims at Mian Ghundi area to halt the spread of deadly novel corona virus in the province. Over 2000 Pilgrims were moved from Taftan to Quetta to shift them to their home provinces on Friday. A convoy of 54 buses reached Quetta on Friday from Taftan amid tight security.
The deputy commissioner Quetta and other high ups visited the quarantine center and reviewed arrangements regarding the pilgrims.
At this point of time, we have quarantined over 1300 people at Pak-Iran border Taftan, Imran Zarkoon said. He said now it was decided to quarantine all the people including Pilgrims, students, tourists and traders at Pak-Iran border Taftan.
So far, one case of corona virus has been confirmed in Quetta. A 12 year old boy was tested positive for the novel corona virus in Fatima Jinnah Chest and TB hospital the other day.