New polio case reported from Balochistan’s Sohbatpur

Seven year old kid fresh victim of crippling virus

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

By Our Reporter

QUETTA: Polio virus has been confirmed in a seven year old boy in Balochistan’s Sohbatpur district on Wednesday. Sources in health department told Quetta Voice that reason behind the fresh polio case in the province was refusal. Parents of the minor boy had refused to provide polio drops, they said.

The samples of the minor boy were sent to laboratory on February 12. After investigation, the boy was tested positive for the crippling virus.

This is the fourth polio case in Balochistan during the current  year. Earlier, polio cases were reported from Pishin, Sibi and other parts of Balochistan. Last year, a total of 12 cases were reported from Balochistan.

Emergency operation center in collaboration with government of Balochistan health department, UNICEF and other organizations had launched an anti polio campaign from February 17 to 19 in across the province this year.

The Balochistan government has already declared emergency in the province to eradicate the polio virus. However, despite repeated campaigns, the virus is yet to be eradicated from the province as cases continue to report. In Balochistan, polio workers have laid down their lives to protect minors from crippling virus and they are considered as heroes of Balochistan.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.